Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Maya 2009 Install On Windows 10

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
symphonyusavant
861 Views, 5 Replies

Will Maya 2009 Install On Windows 10

Hello,

I'm upgrading my computer and the new computer will have Windows 10 on it. Will my Maya 2009 install on Windows 10 operating system?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @symphonyusavant and welcome!

Unfortunately we no longer support Maya 2009 so I can not say for certain if it will work with Windows 10 or not.

However there is always a possibility that it will be able to run on your machine I just can not test to see if it does on mine.

In case you're curious, here's the system requirements to run Maya 2009 so you can check to see if you're hardware is compatible.

Let me know if you need any more information!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for replying. When I upgrade my computer, I will have to transfer my license to it, being that I'm on my last install. Will transferring the license be possible?
Message 4 of 6

Hi @symphonyusavant

It should be possible since you're only switching machines, however my co-worker @natasha.l may be able to help with some more information!

Message 5 of 6
KLF_1970
in reply to: symphonyusavant

I'm running maya 2009 in windows 8.1, and haven't had any issues

Message 6 of 6
milowerx
in reply to: symphonyusavant

the issue seems to primarily come from that 2009 requires you to use IE to install it but the link it takes you to is dead putting you in an endless loop of trying to install. It may work with Windows 10 but I'll never know because of that one simple error until I can fix it somehow.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums