Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it painful to start maya 2024 on M1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
conkerz
220 Views, 7 Replies

Why is it painful to start maya 2024 on M1

Ok, so Maya 2024 on M1 crashes if AdskLicensingSupportToolUI is not running. I have to start AdskLicensingSupportToolUI from terminal using sudo. Why does it have to be this way?
macOS 13.4.1 (c) (22F770820d)

Labels (5)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
warnold1
in reply to: conkerz

well its not supposed to.  launches ok on my Mac Studio.   is there an Apple Crash Report or Autodesk CER report that would give an indication of where Maya is crashing

What do the licensing log files have in them.  should be in $TMPDIR

AdClmHub-Maya*.log

MayaCLM*.log

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Message 3 of 8
conkerz
in reply to: warnold1

Thanks for the suggestion. I was unable to locate AdClmHub-Maya*.log in the %TMPDIR /var/folders/gc/lycg_hwj2w7ddt2lhjv8fbj40000gn/T/, however, the attached files did appear in that folder when maya crashed.

I'll try to locate any Autodesk CER files. Regarding Apple Crash Report, how do I obtain this?
Message 4 of 8
conkerz

Since I'm only able to attach a maximum of three files to each message on this forum, I'm making another message to attach the other two maya files that were put into the temp folder on crash.

Message 5 of 8
conkerz

Any update on this?

Message 6 of 8
conkerz

Presently I can't start Maya at all on macOS Sonoma 14. This is outrageous. With Max, I get a lot of crap left on the computer in the form of Genuine Service. And with Maya it won't start. What the hell is up with this Autodesk firm?

Message 7 of 8
conkerz

Ok, I was able to start Autodesk Licensing Support Tool using the command snippet provided by it when pressing on AdskLicensingSupportToolUI. Then I was able to start Maya again (as mentioned in OP). Really hoping this could be much smoother, for example by automatically start the Licensing Support Tool.

Message 8 of 8
conkerz
in reply to: warnold1

Hi again, I've posted a few logs in the messages above. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report