Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the interactive split tool in Maya 2015?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
lockyerjlockyer
88272 Views, 5 Replies

Where is the interactive split tool in Maya 2015?

I cant find the interactive split tool in Maya 2015. I know that it was under edit mesh in earlier versions. Has it been renamed or moved or something?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
yandas33
in reply to: lockyerjlockyer

same problem here!

Message 3 of 6
DOM0

Go to mesh tools and you can use cut faces or go into the tool kit and use multi cut.  I havent figured out how to use the append to polgon but I guess that can do it too.  I normaly just use insert edge loop or multiple loops. 

Message 4 of 6
halfstone

The new modeling toolkit seems pretty robust, but I'm still a fan of the old Split Polygon Tool (before the Interactive Split Tool). 

Both of these tools are still in the software, they're just not menu items anymore.  To use them, type the commands either on the command line (below the Range Slider, on the left) or in the script editor.  Execute them by hitting the <enter> key on the numeric keypad, or <command><enter> on a Mac. The commands are: 

SplitPolygonTool 

and 

InteractiveSplitTool

pretty simple.  I don't care for the Interactive Split Tool, but I have the SplitPolygonTool command on my modeling shelf.  Of course, if you want, you can put these on a marking menu or associate them with a hotkey.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Where is the split tool in Maya 2015? it is very usefull tool

Message 6 of 6
RaguileraR
in reply to: halfstone

thnks! That´s was very useful!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report