Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the crash log for Maya 2016?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
42809 Views, 8 Replies

Where is the crash log for Maya 2016?

I keep reading about temp directories but I cant find anything.

In Documents / Maya there is a mayaLog file that just has: Maya Message Log starting Saturday, April 16, 2016

My env variables has: MAYA_DEBUG_ENABLE_CRASH_REPORTING = 1

In Windows/.. temp there are NO Maya files being created at the time of the crash. Not even backup scenes. There are older Maya files in there but nothing current.

So where exactly would I find a crash log?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pshwayka
in reply to: Anonymous

Try c:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp. (Of course, substitute your username for Username.)

Also, note that the AppData folder is hidden, so you'll have to set Explorer to show hidden items.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

Like I said maya isnt putting any crash files in the TMP directory at the time of the crash.

Message 4 of 9
_sebastian_f

that unfortunate but happens. basically you only have to check this folder at all when you get the " fatal error attempting to save..." message. if this is not popping up in case of a crash maya was not able to write a crash file.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: _sebastian_f

so how would I make maya write a crash log for non fatal crashes? Ive only seen maya write a crash scene maybe once in all the crashes
Message 6 of 9
_sebastian_f

you can´t force maya to do so.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

So unless its a Fatal Error, I cannot get a crash / error log when "Maya has stopped working" crashes? Just want to be sure.

Message 8 of 9
_sebastian_f

if you are talking about a ma file from where you can recover your scene when you say crash /error log then yes unless you get the fatal error screen no file will be written!

error or crash logs are something different. even if maya doesn´t create one youll maybe able to find something in the windows event view...
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Checking the event viewer shows Maya.exe crashing and thats.. not really informative. Doesnt tell me exactly what crashed inside of Maya.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report