Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV: Transfer Attributes Problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tuetana
2918 Views, 7 Replies

UV: Transfer Attributes Problem

Hi, I have 2 model but are the same character. I copy UV map (because i fix the mouth texture in one).

I use transfer attribute (component,) the UV map was copy OK. But the problem is in the viewport.

I see my model BLACK. I dont understand why?

Anybody can help me please 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: tuetana

Hi @tuetana and welcome to the community!

Did you check to make sure the texture was assigned to the new model? Usually if an object appears black in the viewport it's because there is no material assigned to it.

If that's not the case, when you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 8
tuetana
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi, thanks for answer.

Yes i check the material, and when i render one image the texture was rigth.

I attach the scene yowen_def.002.mb in rar format.

i don't speak english well, do you speak spanish?

Message 4 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @tuetana

I don't speak Spanish but some of my co-workers do and I can ask them to translate if needed. That said I will try and keep my explanations as simple as possible 🙂

This issue is odd, I rendered the scene and was able to see the texture but it was still black in the viewport. I'm going to do some more testing and get back to you!

Espanol: (Esto es traducido al español por Google)

No hablo español, pero algunos de mis colegas lo hacen y puedo pedirles que traduzcan si es necesario. Habiendo dicho eso, trataré de mantener mis explicaciones lo más simple posible 🙂

Este problema es extraño, rendericé la escena y pude ver la textura, pero todavía estaba negra en la ventana de gráficos. ¡Voy a hacer más pruebas y te responderé!

uvtrasnfer.png

Message 5 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @tuetana

I got it! All you need to do is toggle off the Colors Attribute setting under Mesh Display -> 'Toggle Display Color Attribute'

Please let me know if this solves your issue or if you need any more assistance!

Espanol: (Esto es traducido al español por Google)

¡Entiendo! Todo lo que necesita hacer es desactivar la configuración de atributos de colores en Mesh Display -> 'Alternar el atributo de color de la pantalla'

Por favor, avíseme si esto resuelve su problema o si necesita más ayuda.

uvtrasnfer.png

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 6 of 8
tuetana

Muchas gracias 🙂 Me resultó!

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8

Hi @sean.heasley 

Your solution helped me today (2022) which you posted back in 2017. 😃

Message 8 of 8
fangtheng

This helped me solve the issue. Thank you! Any idea why is this still an issue in Maya 2022?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums