Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using humanik to animate a metahuman using mocap data causes 90 degrees bend at pelvis

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shin.park
486 Views, 1 Reply

Using humanik to animate a metahuman using mocap data causes 90 degrees bend at pelvis

Hi there

I'm using the humanik tool in maya to create a character definition, but once that is done and my character is matched to a source (the mocap data), there is a bend at the pelvis instead of the character standing straight. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. 

humanik.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hamsterHamster
in reply to: shin.park

It is quite possible that you did no wrong, it is just default axis orientation in each.

What you can definitely do is to offset the RotationX (assuming the Z is front and Y is up) anim curve in the GraphEditor.

From my memory, I remember messing with some of HIK nodes to get the matching angles. Unfortunately, those nodes are undocumented, and I don't have an example to test it out. However, try finding HIKState2SK node (Outliner .. disable ShowDagObjectsOnly) and see if changing rotation values in Hips (or elsewhere) section has effect on your Meta character.

hamsterHamster_1-1636981512049.png

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums