Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University vs. Lower education

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
308 Views, 0 Replies

University vs. Lower education

Hello!

I haven't found any posts like this so I think my question might be quite unique. Feels embarrassing.

So I am about to start learning 3D animation (it's been my dream since I was like thirteen) but I'm VERY torn between the institutional possibilities due to financial worries.

I'd like to apply for Breda University of Applied Sciences, in the Netherlands. They've got powerful professional contacts like Unity. Their programme is 3 or 4 years long, it's heavily teamwork-, workshop- and project-based, and it takes up about 40 hours per week. During this time I will be learning Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, Unity and Unreal Engine etc. It'll take about 8000 euros altogether, plus my living. This price is about three times more for non-EU students.

However, I'm from Hungary so my living will be really expensive as an international student. Also, I'm worried about the fragile relationship between my government and the European Union, because in case Hungary receives sanctions I'll might have to pay the higher price which is absolutely unaffordable.

So the other possibility is a lower level institution in Hungary called Mesharray. I don't know much about their programme style but they've got relationships with Digic Pictures which is especially good for a Hungarian like me. I could pick up their online (!) courses from home which could teach me Maya and Houdini within 522 hours, altogether for 5800 euros and no headache of financing my living.

So I've watched videos from 3D artists setting up the pros and cons between universities and basically self-teaching but I still cannot decide. Which do you think is worth it from mainly professional but also financial perspectives? Should I take risks to go to BUas or should I stick with the easier way? Is the easier way even beneficial for me to get a decent knowledge, experience and job? Perhaps is someone out there who had learnt Maya from either of these two institutions?

I'm anxious. Help me.

Viki

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report