Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University department looking for mac hardware recommendations

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
eckkP279A
36 Views, 0 Replies

University department looking for mac hardware recommendations

I work at a university and I have a department that is looking to upgrade their digital arts lab. It's half PC and half iMac Pro right now. They are going to upgrade the PC's to i9-13900F/RTX 4070 with 64GB DDR5 5200MHz RAM.  I am trying to find out what the equivalent hardware would be for a mac. However, I'm finding it hard to find real-world performance accounts for the M2 Max/M2 Ultra that don't involve synthetic benchmarks or any of Apple's marketing. I know the M3 chips just got announced, but the department is looking to purchase these in the next 1-2 months, so no time to wait for Apple to update the Studio's hardware.

*** So my main question is would they be better off going with the Mac Studio with an M2 Pro or the M2 Ultra? I'm posting here because they use Maya in the lab, but also Mudbox, Adobe products (Dimension, Substance 3D apps, etc.), meshmixer, meshlab, ZBrushCoreMini. 

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report