Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo command doesn't work properly, camera moves with every undo move

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
emastoyanov
155 Views, 3 Replies

Undo command doesn't work properly, camera moves with every undo move

If I do a certain action and don't move the camera, undo works fine. BUT if I do an action, move the camera and then hit undo it malfunctions. It starts move the camera instead of just doing the action.
*Video of the problem attached*

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hagen.deloss
in reply to: emastoyanov

Hi @emastoyanov ,

Appreciate your video of the issue! Hmmm, i haven't seen anything like this! I guess i have a few questions to get a clearer picture:

• Does this behavior happen with a fresh, un-keyframed camera?
  • Does this only happen in one scene, or a blank one too?
  • It almost looks like the camera has a stutter, does it lag/stutter when you tumble around, or is it strictly when you hit CTRL-Z?

Thanks, hope i can help!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 4
emastoyanov
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hi Hagen,

Thank you for reaching out.

To your questions, I haven't set any keyframes so the camera should be un-keyframed, I think? It happens only in this scene, and there is no lag when I'm moving around the scene, it gets weird only when I hit ctrl-Z.
I assume that it happened after my cat walked on my keyboard and probably hit something. I'm relatively new to Maya, I've only used it for modeling so I'm not sure if the problem is with the camera. I'll take any troubleshooting tips you have!

Message 4 of 4
hagen.deloss
in reply to: emastoyanov

@emastoyanov ,

I'm not sure if this is whats causing the issue, but it looks like the objects you are selecting are keyframed, you can tell by the red mark on the timeline and the red on the control axis in the channel box. You can highlight all the channels, right click and select "break connections" to "un-keyframe" anything, wich you should try on the Camera. We can do another test by creating a new camera, and following your cats every move. Errr go to View > Create Camera from View, and see if the issue persists. I have attached screenshots of both. 
If its not the camera or keyframe issue, it might be a display driver issue or something, but we can cross that bridge if....its the bridge we need to cross 😛 

Screenshot (1140).pngScreenshot (1141).png

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums