Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Unload Vray and arnold plugins from the scene.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
imadil.khan
1346 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to Unload Vray and arnold plugins from the scene.

I simply want to unload all the unwanted plug-ins from my scene. I am using Redshift for rendering and lighting of my scene but what i am seeing is that VRay and Arnold are also loaded in my scene which slows down the loading of the overall scene every time i open the file. So i went in the plug-in manager to unload Vray and Arnold. But it says-

1. For VRay:

Plug-in node(s) of type VRaySettingsNode exists in the scene.

2. For arnold:

Plug-in node(s) of type aiOptions, aiAOVDriver, aiAOVFilter exists in the scene

But i couldn't find any of these options there in my scene. So how can i remove these unwanted settings from my scene and use only Redshift settings instead. Also if you can explain where/how these VRay and Arnold nodes are being used.

PS: There is no Vray and Arnold materials/lights used in the scene.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

What happens if you disable the View>dagObjectsOnly option? Can you find those now? If you can't seem to delete those, then you most likely need to unload the VRay and MtoA plugins and disable Auto-load, restart Maya.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 6
imadil.khan
in reply to: imadil.khan

Wow.. ! Never thought trying this way. Thanks alot. It worked.

I found the VraySettingNode and some arnold nodes. But it would be great if you can explain what was the purpose of those nodes?

I can see some more nodes in there so i would like to delete those if they are useless.

Thanks again..

Message 4 of 6

Wow.. ! Never thought trying this way. Thanks alot. It worked.

I found the VraySettingNode and some arnold nodes. But it would be great if you can explain what was the purpose of those nodes?

I can see some more nodes in there so i would like to delete those if they are useless.

Thanks again..
Message 5 of 6

I am not too familiar with Arnold, and I don't know VRay at all. Let's think what can it be: engine specific shaders/utilities (Arnold: most of the nodes that begin with ai*), render settings, probably some renderengine-unique nodes. Usually you can get a hint by opening it's AttributeEditor

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 6 of 6

Thats Ok. I'll figure it out afterwards. Once again Thanks for the solution...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report