Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to render in Maya 2020 with default render engine as well as Arnold 6

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hirofax636
1341 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to render in Maya 2020 with default render engine as well as Arnold 6

The error which I get while rendering any scene via any camera is : 
_______

Warning: [gpu] variance_filter ("defaultArnoldRenderOptions@variance_filter") not supported on the GPU //

_______

_______

Error: [aov] no valid output statements found: could be a progressive render without a display window //

_______

These are the two errors occured when I try to render my scene in Maya 2020.

*Summary: When rendering a scene either I get a grey screen or sometimes nothing is displayed on the render window of default maya render engine  as well as Arnold. I have updated all my drivers of GPU as well as Windows and also Tried to uninstall the complete setup of Maya 2020 along with mother files and reinstalled everything, But yet I am facing the same issue and also unable to use the IPR either in Maya 2020 default render engine or Arnold Render, When ever I try to use IPR most of the time Maya crashes and shuts off. I am confused even having the back of powerful GPU yet am getting this trouble. I hope to get a solution for this. Thank you in advance.

Software details -

Maya 2020

Arnold Core 6.0.0

MtoA version : 4.0.0

Windows : 10 (64Bit)

Hardware details -

CPU : Intel core i9-9900k

GPU : Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
in reply to: hirofax636

I also encountered this problem which prevented me from trying Arnold noiser

Message 3 of 4
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: 1985494606

The variance filter is not supported yet on Arnold GPU.
noice requires the variance filter.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 4 of 4
adlert
in reply to: hirofax636

Although the questioner may not require this response three years later, here is an experience sharing for the issue.

I'm a VFX student here, and I recently ran into a similar issue:
Warning: [gpu] variance_filter ("defaultArnoldRenderOptions@variance_filter") not supported on the GPU //

Rendering worked smoothly at first, however when I reset my device and tried to render again, the problem surfaced.

Fortunately, I was able to find a non-expert solution to the problem. I've tried changing the render filter (in Render Setting > Arnold Renderer tab > Filter) from 'gaussian' to another such as 'box'. The problem then resolves itself.

*I'm still not an expert or skilled in this field. I'm only trying to provide some clues for others to solve the issue. I hope you find it useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums