Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to input keyframe attribute values into the clip in the time editor

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
trizul96
250 Views, 7 Replies

unable to input keyframe attribute values into the clip in the time editor

Hey, I'm new to Autodesk Maya and I'm having an issue with the 'side twist' attribute in the motion path. I've got several keyframe animations for this attribute, but I can't turn it into a clip in the time editor. Interestingly, I can do it for other attributes like 'front' and 'up twist,' but not for 'side twist.' I've spent three days trying to figure this out, but no luck so far. Any chance you could help me solve this issue? 
@damaggio 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: trizul96

I'm sorry but animation is not my specialty, you should put your post in the dedicated section Animation and Rigging, that's where you find experienced animators and TDs

Message 3 of 8
trizul96
in reply to: damaggio

I appreciate your suggestion! I'm still learning and exploring different aspects of Maya, and your advice to check out the Animation and Rigging section is very helpful. I'll make sure to seek guidance from experienced animators and TDs in that dedicated space. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Message 4 of 8
brentmc

Hi,

I just tried this in Maya 2024 and it worked for me.

Note: I selected the motion trail before creating the clip using Search. (Ctrl+F)
https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-A41539AD-F566-4F3D-8671-FE6237BB3C2B

screenshot_000284.png

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 5 of 8
trizul96
in reply to: brentmc

Hi, thanks for your assistance. I've already tried following your guide, and I find the object search feature to be quite impressive. I was surprised when I filtered the motion path object; there were duplicates for the attributes "inverse front" and "side twist." However, I've already resolved this issue, and now everything looks the same as in the picture you attached.

I'm having difficulty understanding when you mention, "I just don't get it when you select the motion trail before creating the clip using search." Every time I select bezier1, which I assume is the motion trail in this case, and then choose an object from the filtered search, bezier1 becomes unselected, redirecting me to a specific attribute object tab I selected in the attribute editor.

If you don't mind, could you please provide a step-by-step process of how you attached these attributes together to a clip in the time editor?

1. maya add clip time editor.png

Message 6 of 8
brentmc

Hi,

I pretty much did the same thing but skipped steps 3, 4 and 5.

Note that in step 3 you are not selecting an attribute - you are selecting the animation curve that is driving an attribute and I don't understand why you feel that is necessary?

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 7 of 8
trizul96
in reply to: brentmc

Hi, thank you for the reply. Actually, recently, I just followed a YouTube tutorial from the Maya Learning Channel called "Tutorial 101." As a beginner, I just want everything in the right place since I don't want to skip or mess up something in it. Glad to hear that I did not make a mistake in the step-by-step process. Even the bug was explained in that video, that some attributes are unable to capture in the Time Editor, and it's a bug. I don't know how you were able to put everything on it since I did the same step in a video, and you just confirmed it. I just accept it for now.

Message 8 of 8
brentmc

Nevermind, I found the video.

Thanks.

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report