Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool settings options not opening

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dersutton
578 Views, 2 Replies

Tool settings options not opening

I have question regarding tool settings.   This past week I purchased a new PC with Win 10, BUT, I'm not sure if the OS is the reason behind this issue.

Earlier this evening I was working on a project when I used the Insert Edge Loop tool.   I wanted to access the  settings for this particular tool, but, the Move tool settings window kept opening instead.   I had to shut down Maya (2019) and relaunch it.  Only this way did I fix the problem, or just temporarily. 

I would like to know if anybody else has or continues to experience this problem and if so, was there a particular solution or is this just a glitch that appears from time to time? 

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vfxchris
in reply to: dersutton

Given that you recently bought a new PC the issue is likely that the window is opening, just off screen somewhere. This is a common problem when moving Maya files between PC's especially when the screen resolution, number of screen, orientation etc change. Maya still puts the new window in a place that just so happens to be off screen.

I made a vide on how to fix it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcyZzBbte60

Maya 2022 | Windows 10 | GeForce GeForce RTX 3070

If the post was helpful, please consider hitting the ACCEPT SOLUTION button to help others in similar situations.
Message 3 of 3
dersutton
in reply to: vfxchris

Thanks for your reply.

I closed Maya and reopened it and the problem disappeared.   I'm guessing this is just a glitch as found in any 3D software.   Currently I'm using a computer with Win10 and that does not help either.   Last week after an update all my directories changed to "Read Only" and that has caused problems as well.  For example.  I can't create a new Maya project directory because it's set to "Read Only".   I'm sure my problem stems from this Windows glitch. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums