Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Move, scale, and rotate Tool manipulator has disappeared!

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
Anonymous
125921 Views, 40 Replies

The Move, scale, and rotate Tool manipulator has disappeared!

i have a bug in the maya 2010, i have installed maya 2010 in windows 7 the move,scale,rotate tool in maya is not appearing in the side/top and front view of maya but it works fine in presp view..anyone plese help...is this a issue with the graphic card or any fix for this.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
SrLookAS
in reply to: Anonymous

I was having the same issue. then I realized that in the tool settings -> Move tool. I had the axis orientation: Normal, put it in object.

Message 22 of 41
Anonymous

I am using Maya 2018 and ran into this problem. I found something easier when all these other options failed. I did --- modify> Transformation Tools> Move Tool Options Box> Reset Tool. I did that to the Move, Rotate, and Scale Tool. When I selected Reset Tool the manipulator popped right up.  Hope this helps!!

Message 23 of 41
Anonymous

Hahahaha happened to me today, I should have known better but thought it was Maya glitching. This helped. Cheers

Message 24 of 41
Anonymous

thank yo so` `m`uch turning oiff thge yweak too;``

Message 25 of 41
Anonymous

Thanks for your advice!!! 

Message 26 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: sopedro01

Thanks for helping guys. 

Message 27 of 41
Anonymous

Thank you Pedro!

Message 28 of 41
Anonymous

Thank you man, your method brings everything back.

Message 29 of 41
ToddLawrimore

YES! Finally. 3 days of wondering why my translate gizmo was visible, but not my rotate and scale.  

I had used the Tweak/Marquee Modeling Toolkit radio option buttons and forgotten to switch it back to Pick.

THANK YOU!

Message 30 of 41
Anonymous

Go to the tools on left >> double click move tool >>on the popped up tool settings window .. select Reset Tool on the top.

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous

you goddamn right!!!!

Message 32 of 41
mariyamavli5

you're a life saver! Thanks a lot!!
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous

Hello everyone i got a problem like this 

zbirchadze_0-1634548981553.png

i cant see any tools on the left side how can i fix it? i pressed something it was my fault

Message 34 of 41
ToddLawrimore

You probably just closed it. Try using the workspace options to reset to General or Maya Classic. Can be done with the drop down menu in the upper right hand corner or in the Windows->Workspaces menu.

Now with your tools back, just double click on move, scale or rotate and un-check the "Tweak Mode". It can also be found in the Modeling Toolkit -> Tweak/Marquee (slightly different name, but same feature)

Message 35 of 41
jason.ryanWDQXJ

thank you

Message 36 of 41
cmhartl

I just had this problem, and I finally was able to consistently repeat it by holding down w and then pressing e, or the reverse holding down e and pressing w, it feels like an intentional toggle.... but i don't know if it is...

Just incase anyone is wondering how they did it in the first place..

thanks! 

Message 37 of 41
humaira.1102

Thank you so much…
Message 38 of 41
simondebrun

Thank you!

Message 39 of 41
Cesar2

I found a fix. Go to your Maya folder in Documents, then go to your Maya version year, and delete the pref folder. When you launch Maya, it will make a new pref folder and everything should be back to how it was.

Message 40 of 41
andrey_zhukov

In my case it was Tweak Mode turned on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report