Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface glitch in sketchfab. Don't know how to fix.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
521 Views, 2 Replies

Surface glitch in sketchfab. Don't know how to fix.

I'm fairly new to using Maya, and I've been working on a class assignment that I am required to post to sketchfab.com.  The model looks just fine in Maya, but when I export the model as an OBJ and upload it into the sketchfab model editor, I get these weird vertex faces on my model, as if there's a surface there but there isn't.  It also looks like it's connected to certain vertices.  I did use boolean differences to create some of the holes in my model, so maybe that had something to do with it.  Does anyone know what's going on here and how I can fix it?

the model in Mayathe model in Mayathe model in sketchfab with the odd vertex glitchthe model in sketchfab with the odd vertex glitch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

The problem is that you have n-gons where that circle hole goes into the metal. This was most likely causes by using booleans. To fix this, you could go to Mesh Tools->Multi Cut Tool and use that tool to make edges from the verts in the circle to the corners of the mesh.

ngon.png

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thanks!  Had no idea what an ngon was up until now.  I'll keep the in mind in the future

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report