Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stray hair and artefacts on Xgen description

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
samthomson
273 Views, 2 Replies

Stray hair and artefacts on Xgen description

Hello, I'm trying xgen for the first time, and there seems to be a small issue with the description I'm currently working on. There's a strand of hair at the top of the head that shouldn't be there. It's above the scalp and doesn't seem to be related to any particular guides.

There are also some mystery locator-like transforms above the head. These are visible when I select  "BobHairModel_MainHair" in the outliner. I'm not sure what this node is called, but in the outliner, the hierarchy is "collection>>description>>BobHairModel_MainHair" 

If I create a clumping modifier and go to "setup maps" then I also get a column of mysterious artifacts between the bad strand and the mystery transforms. 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

I can't see anything on the underlying mesh that would be causing this, and I'm not sure what the locators/transforms actually are, can anyone tell me what's likely to be causing this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Without testing the scene myself its hard to say. But is your scalp mesh also triangulated? If yes use a quad mesh. XGen is based on ptex and ptex does not work well with triangles.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 3
samthomson
in reply to: samthomson

Thanks, I started a new scene and made sure I was using a quad mesh. I've encountered plenty of other bugs since in Maya 2022, but so far nothing like this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report