Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some planes on geometry are highlighted when selected and others aren't; unable to uv geometry

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AIIsrael
334 Views, 1 Reply

some planes on geometry are highlighted when selected and others aren't; unable to uv geometry

Hello,

Im trying to figure out why my model is presenting itself this way. I may have done something but im unsure as to what. I will post images to help get a better understanding. Pretty much, majority of the planes on my model are green when selected and others are not. When in the UV editor UVs are only showing for the planes that are not highlighted. I deleted the original uvs out to UV the model from scratch and now im unable to uv at all. When trying to project uvs (planar, cylindrical, camera,) the script editor reads the following:

polyProjection works only on polygonal faces; Try turning Polygons->ToolOptions->ConvertSelection OnWhen geo is selectedWhen geo is selectedWhen geo is not selectedWhen geo is not selectedGrey planes contain UV; blue planes have no UVGrey planes contain UV; blue planes have no UV

Also I notice that the planes that are grey moved when I cleaned up my mesh by using the mesh tool in the modeling tool shelf.

Please see images and help if you can. Thanks in advance

Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hamsterHamster
in reply to: AIIsrael

Select one face and move it away - don't you have a double-walled mesh? this might happen if you accidentally click on Extrude or there in the transform tools, like Move Tool, are "smart" duplicate functions for Shift+drag, that do extrude without you noticing (just crashed my Maya several times, disabling)

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report