Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smoother camera scrubbing around the viewport?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nick.holliday
160 Views, 4 Replies

smoother camera scrubbing around the viewport?

HI

does anybody know if its possible to update the framerate/smoothness of the camera as one pans around the viewport?   If i move the mouse quite slowly the camera moves in quite a jerky fashion. 

The reason i ask is that rather than have to animate the camera to show the  client an environment im working on, id like to just quickly screen record myself panning around the viewport.

thanks for any help!

Nick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
n8skow
in reply to: nick.holliday

Does your hardware meet the system requirements for Maya?
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-re...

Also - is the choppiness only when you are trying to record your screen?

Message 3 of 5

Hi!

Yeah, generally have no issues with any 3d work i do.  To be honest, im wondering if its just a limitation of how maya works.

If you reeeally slowly pan around a scene in the viewport (alt+lmb) the resulting movements is really jerky, as apposed to a nice smooth 30+fps that youd get with an animation.  

Message 4 of 5

doesn´t seem like an hardware/performance issue to me.

2 things or a mix of both which should help:

1. in your viewport menu: view > camera tools > tumble/track/dolly tools option boxes lower the scale of the tools.

2. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/ENU/Maya-Bas...

try the walk tool for your purpose. you might need to reduce sensitivity and adjust the speed multiplier.

Message 5 of 5

oh wow - thats really handy thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report