Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower camera switching

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tjdrbrla
79 Views, 3 Replies

Slower camera switching

Freezing on camera switch

Viewport stops for about 1 to 3 seconds

Making a camera is just as slow

It's that slow when there's nothing in the scene, and it's the same slow when you delete the Documents folder

I have 48GB of RAM in the AMD 5700X RTX 3070. I don't think this is a problematic specification, but I think it's all of a sudden. It wasn't like that before.

Do you have a solution for these symptoms?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
brentmc
in reply to: tjdrbrla

Hi,

First, I would check that you are using the certified driver for your graphics card. (as it may have been updated during a system update)

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/maya-certified-...

Next, I would check to see whether the Windows Fault Tolerant Heap is to blame. This is a "feature" of Windows that is supposed to make older apps more stable but in reality just massively slows down apps that it thinks are crashing too frequently. I don't know if this is still a thing on recent versions of Windows but can't hurt to check.

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528347128593--Fault-Tolerant-Heap-errors-and-solutions-...

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 4
tjdrbrla
in reply to: brentmc

I tried the above two methods, but it didn't work.
It's probably a problem with my computer.
Or maybe you have a virus.
Anyway, thanks for your help
Message 4 of 4
brentmc
in reply to: tjdrbrla

Another thing to check is whether there is a hardware problem with your computer. (bad disk, memory etc)

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report