Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a hotkey for Key > Key Selected in attribute spreadsheet editor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
josephpentland
138 Views, 3 Replies

Setting a hotkey for Key > Key Selected in attribute spreadsheet editor

Hello all,

Hoping someone knows a way to set a keyboard hotkey for the command Key > Key Selected in the Attribute Spreadsheet Editor?  I use this command constantly, but when I look at the script, it doesn't show any script for the actual command, only the result, which is the setting of the key(s) for all the individual components selected.  This makes the "custom hotkey" option unusable (at least I think).  Any thoughts would be much appreciated.  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
loncy888
in reply to: josephpentland

We cannot find the Attribute Spreadsheet Editor in the hotkey editor, perhaps because it is not currently supported.

If you are familiar with MEL, you can get the Command code from the Command Reporter after executing the menu command. Then use nameCommand to set the hotkey for it.

example: Attribute Spreadsheet Editor -> Name Menu

nameCommand -annotation "set nice name" -command "spreadSheetEditor -e -nn true SSEd" setSSEdNiceName;
nameCommand -annotation "set long name" -command "spreadSheetEditor -e -ln true -nn false SSEd" setSSEdLongName;
nameCommand -annotation "set short name" -command "spreadSheetEditor -e -ln false -nn false SSEd" setSSEdShortName;

hotkey -keyShortcut "F1" -ctrlModifier -name setSSEdNiceName;
hotkey -keyShortcut "F2" -ctrlModifier -name setSSEdLongName;
hotkey -keyShortcut "F3" -ctrlModifier -name setSSEdShortName;

savePrefs -hotkeys;

Thank you!

loncy
Message 3 of 4
josephpentland
in reply to: loncy888

Thank you.  Exactly what I was looking for.  But now I'm having trouble finding what you call the "Command Reporter".  Any chance you could direct me to where it is?

Again, much appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
loncy888
in reply to: josephpentland

The script editor is divided into two panels. The upper panel is the Reporter, which is used to display command results. There you can see the commands the system executes after you click the menu, which are required to create the "nameCommand". You can enable "History" -> "Echo All" in the script editor to show more filtered information.

loncy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums