Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of Object not in Attribute Editor or Channel Editor visible

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
erce.erim
567 Views, 4 Replies

Selection of Object not in Attribute Editor or Channel Editor visible

This is quite a weired thing happening and I haven´t found any similar posts so far. I hope maybe this is common to someone.

So what is happening - after a while working in larger scenes (lots of lights, higher poly count, lots of objects) I have the issue that I select anything (shader, object whatever) and that this selection does not show in the active Editor (Attribute or Channel) only a initial switch from one editor to the other brings up the correct object. For instance I select object one - it is active in Attribute Editor. I select object 2 but object 1 is still visible and active in the editor. Object 2 is highlighted in viewport, but if I would change any attribute the change would happen on object 1. 

If I change the Attribute Editor to the Channel Editor then it would show the selected object 2. Now I can change attributes on the correct selected object.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I am not able to reproduce this. But this is happening regularly and only a quit and restart of maya fixes this.

I had this happening on Mac OS 10.14 and now also on 11.0.1. Maya 2019 - 2020 all Updates and so on.

Current Workstation is a Mac Pro 2019 2.5 GHz 28-Core with 256 GB Ram and AMD Pro Vega 2 with 32 GB

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
erce.erim
in reply to: erce.erim

I am really surprised that I seem to be the only one experiencing this issue. Seriously no one ever had this happening?

Message 3 of 5
hamsterHamster

It sometimes happen on my computer too, especially when Maya is open for too long, or the scene is somewhat complex (in my case, humanIk characters) - first, Maya can be slow on highlighting the selection in the viewports, you can see it only after you transform it; then the selection won't highlight also in the outliner.. the final phase is a freeze/crash. I believe it is because of lagging redraws, which is because of graphic hardware/drivers; also, it could be related to the MEM, maybe Undo Queue should be set to default 50 steps, not Infinite, or flushUndo command needs to be executed after Auto-Save.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 4 of 5
erce.erim
in reply to: hamsterHamster

Are you on Windows or Mac? Also what is bothering me that if Maya becomes unstable and that highlighting effect is apearing, it also seems that it affects the pivot not reseting apropriately anymore. Especially in UV Editor the pivot of selected UVs is always at 0 - 0. You can move the pivot with holding "D" but you can´t reset it like in viewport for objects or vertices. Also only restart helps to fix this.

That is absolutely frustrating.

Message 5 of 5
hamsterHamster

I am on Win10, Maya2019, GTX1070. In my experience, the pivot might not be mobile/visible at all. Restarting Maya helps, still annoying, kicks out from the Zone.

In your case, have you tried to reset Tool settings while in uvEd?

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report