Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Editor data loss

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
35033 Views, 8 Replies

Script Editor data loss

The school I go to has Maya version 2015, and I have the version 2016 (student version). I do my homehowork, but when I get to school and open the scene at school the polygons don't show. They aren't there at all. Then the second I try to open it on my laptop because I bring it to school it says

"Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data los.

Please check the Script Editor for details."

I open script editor but I don't understand it. I worked hard on my model, I don't want to start over. I need to be able to use it at home like I use it in school.  HELP, please. Cat Sad

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rflannery
in reply to: Anonymous

This is most likely due to trying to open a scene in Maya 2015 that was saved in Maya 2016.

A couple of things you can try:

* In Maya 2015, open the Preferences window.  Under Categories, under "Settings", select "Files/Projects".  Then scroll down in the settings until you see an option for "Ignore Version".  Uncheck that option.  Try to open the file.

* If that does not work, go back to your computer, and save the file as Maya ASCII instead of Maya binary.  Now you should be able to open the file in a text editor, like Notepad++.  Near the top of the file should be a line saying 'requires maya "2016"'.  Manually change "2016" to "2015" and save the file.  Then you should be able to open it in 2015.

Edit: The forum messed up the formatting.  Making it clearer.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rflannery

I didn't see it under settings, and I've already tried to save it as a "Maya ASCII" however it doesn't let me save it like that. It says that the file contains nodes.

Message 4 of 9
rflannery

In order for us to give you better help, more specific information would be useful.

* When you say you can't find the "Ignore Version" option, which part can't you find?  You don't see the option within the "Files/Projects" category?  Or you can't even find the "Files/Projects" category?

* What is the actual error message you get when trying to save as "Maya ASCII"?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I asked several teachers for help on the matter, and was anle to export the OBJ and save it in a Maya ASCII. Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

i have epic game version 12.5 i genrate a cirector then occur a error massage

"Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data los.

Please check the Script Editor for details."

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Can you tell me how to solved, I have the same situation with you. I have the version 2017 and change to version 2016 and when I open it on my laptop again, it says the same as you before... I've tried to save it as ASCII but it doesn't work and I already export it too.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I ignore it. I thought I had fixed the problem, but it happened again. It
doesn't really affect what I work on between the school computers and my
computer. Its probably because A) there is a change from one version of
Maya or B) Maya may have not downloaded properly. I'm just guessing.
Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report