Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene crashes/fails to load on different PC

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
A0093264
72 Views, 1 Reply

Scene crashes/fails to load on different PC

I'm trying to access my unwrap scene from a different PC however every time I try to load it either crashes or never finishes loading even after it displays 100% read. 

I have tried opening it on a laptop. Completely wiping Autodesk as per this guide: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Clean-uninstall.ht... and reinstalling maya. Uninstalling maya and reinstalling the earliest available 2024 version. Installing the latest version of Arnold. Resetting preferences.

I'm not quite sure what's left to try, I have an fbx save available however it isn't completely up to date and since this is a retopology I would greatly appreciate having the scene. Is there anything else I should try? I don't have access to the PC the file is originally saved on. Attached is a zip with the scene, a recovery file maya made (that also fails to load) and the latest crash log.

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
damaggio
in reply to: A0093264

It would be much faster to just  do Mesh>Retopologize.

Also remember to delete the history before saving the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report