Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rigged character with passive collider not interacting with ncloth object

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2971 Views, 5 Replies

Rigged character with passive collider not interacting with ncloth object

I recently made a geo box with ncloth and wanted to test out my rigged character with a passive collider would interact with it but nothing happens. It works with a geo box with a cluster and rigid body but it won't work with a rigged character with rigid body..I've been trying to find a solution for a few hours now and still can't get the rig with the passive collider to interact with the ncloth object.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! I think I may need a little clarification on your question in order to help you most efficiently. 🙂 Could you answer the following questions for me?

1. If I am understanding correctly, you want an nCloth to interact with your rigged character?
  2. And you have made your character a passive collider?
  3. If so, did you select the actual Mesh of the character, not the controls, when making it a passive collider?
  4. When you say nothing is happening, can you tell me what you are seeing in your scene?
  5. Any chance you could provide a test scene, screenshot or captures to show us what is going on? 🙂

Thanks for your patience, @Anonymous. I look forward to getting this resolved for you ASAP!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jordan.giboney

I did a little fumbling around and noticed that the rigid body had to share the ncloth nucleus for it to interact with it, but thank you anyway!

Message 4 of 6
jordan.giboney

Hi @Anonymous

Glad you were able to figure that out! 🙂 I'm going to mark your last post as a solution so that others are able to find this answer easily!

Thanks again for being a part of our community!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Hi, I am facing the same problem here and I can't figure out why, here are the details of my scene.

I have a garment of the character I made that I want to simulate with Ncloth. So I rigged my character without the garment being skinned to the rig because I want to simulate it separately. After doing that I have given a Ncloth property to the garment and made my rigged character the passive collider. both collider and Ncloth share the same nucleus but still it's not interacting with the colliders!? what am I missing here? 

When I bind the skin to the rig it works but I get weird artifacts on my garment then. please help me. thanks in advance

Message 6 of 6
yuzhu.carrie.wang

Could you explain it with more details? How to let the rigid body share the ncloth nucleus?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report