Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"revert to referenced state" option?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
641 Views, 3 Replies

"revert to referenced state" option?

hello,

I've created a model and referenced it in a scene. In the scene I messed with a couple individual pieces of geometry in the referenced model (position, rotation). Is there any way to get rid of what I did and just revert control back to the referenced file, rather than having it be controlled in my scene now? The option I'm looking for would be called like "revert to referenced state" or something..

the main problem is that once I change something in the scene, the scene now controls that attribute, and going in the referenced file and editing it no longer works (because the scene overrides that attribute).

thanks for any help! This issue keeps coming up for me..
-Travis
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MichielDuvekot3232
in reply to: Anonymous

Open File > Reference Editor. You need to click on the reference and then select File > List Reference Edits, select the edit you want to remove and click on Remove Selected Edits.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: MichielDuvekot3232

Perfect, thank you so much!
Message 4 of 4
batarg
in reply to: Anonymous

or you can just revert it to original state(as if it referenced from scratch) by unloading it firstly and running clean up command from reference editor's context menu (rmb on the reference > File > Clean Up Reference) 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report