Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python script error message for a3dNameHelper

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kwbush
276 Views, 2 Replies

Python script error message for a3dNameHelper

I'm trying to run a Python script for renaming geometry that I have used in Maya 2018 and 2020. It has to be copied and pasted into the scripts folder, I double-checked Maya 2018 and there is a slightly different path to the scripts folder for Maya 2022. As a quick work around I reopened the project file in Maya 2018 and added the "_low" and "_high" suffixes, but I'd prefer to be able to run the script in Maya 2020 for future projects. I attached the installation instructions .txt file for the script for reference.

This is the script and the error message that I am getting:

import A3dNameHelper

# Error: ImportError: file /Applications/Autodesk/maya2022/Maya.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/shiboken2/files.dir/shibokensupport/__feature__.py line 142: bad magic number in 'A3dNameHelper': b'\x03\xf3\r\n' #

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: kwbush

Message 3 of 3
kwbush
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

Of course, there is an updated version of it for Maya 2020 and higher available for download. I got it, problem solved.

Did I check on that before posting my question?

Of course not.

Thanks anyway, guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums