Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with rigging nonspherical eyes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mrs_suckstorf
123 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with rigging nonspherical eyes

I'm trying to rig oval-shaped eyes for my second character model, but nothing I try is working. I've tried the lattice deformer, nothing. Tried the geometry constraint then normal constraint, it worked for a while, but when I turn the head control, the pupils didn't follow the head. Tried the joints, didn't work. All those tries ended up having the sphere do this in the following video. Is there an easier way to rig those eyes, or at least fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: mrs_suckstorf

You should search in Animation and rigging section, this question was addressed last year.

Message 3 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: mrs_suckstorf

You should search in Animation and rigging section, a similar question was posted last year.

Message 4 of 4
mrs_suckstorf
in reply to: damaggio

Never mind, I solved the problem with the lattice deformer. I just had it checked on "Freeze geometry" when I was rigging my first character model. But now I'm wanting to know how I'll make sure that the eyes move with the head since I got the lattice to move with the head joints. Is there a way to do that?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report