Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Using Arnold on Maya Farm Rendering with Backburner

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
aaronS6HXB
359 Views, 6 Replies

Problems Using Arnold on Maya Farm Rendering with Backburner

Hi, I am a student and started experimenting with farm rendering, with one manager computer and a single node. I am using Maya and Arnold with Student licenses Single User. I am saving the files on a network and shared folder as indicated by multiple forums and videos and renders using backburner. Manager does  send the job and server receives it. After a very short CPU activity the system stops with batch of errors and I have only a rudimentary rendering of my project in the pictures folder. I thought I needed a Network license to run with Arnold but Autodesk Helpdesk told me that with the Student License I am covered. Suggested I post here

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: aaronS6HXB

The only thing a license does is remove the watermark.

A single-user license like a Student can be used on one machine at a time (otherwise you are violating the EULA). So if you have multiple render nodes, you would really want network licenses.

What errors? If you can post an Arnold log (verbosity level = Info) then maybe someone can help.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 7
aaronS6HXB
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

aaronS6HXB_0-1638984361597.png

Message 4 of 7
aaronS6HXB

So now I understand Student can only get Single Seat License. So if I want to experiment with network rendering with backburner I need to get a Network License. I just don't see how in MAya to install and activate such a license. I don't even understand how to purchase it. Can someone help? Autodesk support keeps sending me to this forum for answers

Message 5 of 7
Stephen.Blair

@aaronS6HXB wrote:

So now I understand Student can only get Single Seat License. So if I want to experiment with network rendering with backburner I need to get a Network License. I just don't see how in MAya to install and activate such a license. I don't even understand how to purchase it. Can someone help? Autodesk support keeps sending me to this forum for answers

You can experiment. You'll just get watermarks on the renders, but everything else will work.

With a network license, you set up a license server, and install the Arnold license there.

Then you connect Arnold to the license server using the Arnold License Manager (or by setting ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE yourself).

Schools can get edu network licenses.

Commercial network licenses are available from Autodesk resellers.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 6 of 7
aaronS6HXB
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

sounds complicated 😉

I also need to change the Maya License from Student to... what License? Can you send me a link of the exact place where I can buy a proper license for network rendering?

Then if I understand well, I also need to change Arnold License to Network License. Where do I physically go to buy this license?

Message 7 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

"So if I want to experiment with network rendering with backburner I need to get a Network License"

- No, but without a license you will get watermarks.

"Where do I ... buy this license?"

"...Autodesk resellers."

https://www.autodesk.com/partners/locate-a-reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report