Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the cached playback

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1198 Views, 3 Replies

Problem with the cached playback

Hi guys Sorry I'm new to Maya so I don't know if I'm asking this in the right place or even asking the right question but anyways here it goes
I have a good PC with a pretty good hardware Intel Core i9 9900, 64 GB RAM, VGA NVIDIA 2080 RTX, 3TB SSD, 6TB HDD
But I feel like Maya is still pretty slow My main problem right now is that when I add a Fluids 3D container in my scene even though it's a really simple animation (A rocket going forward and smoke coming out of its back without any background or other thing in the scene) it's very laggy and whenever I add a fluid in my scene the cached playback icon changes and a warning comes up saying: # Warning: Cached Playback: Cache disabled as the evaluation manager has been disabled. See the Script Editor for details. and I just can't enable it. when I do a playblast the output is ok but I feel like I should be getting faster results in the viewport I haven't touched the prefrences but I checked and everything seemed ok. please help me if you know what should I do.
Thanks!
Labels (4)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Maya fluids are not supported by Cached Playback.

Just create an nCache manually for the fluid simulation for faster playback.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thanks but that was actually another problem
I used nCache and wrote it on my hard but when I played it it was still laggy 
And it wasn't even in arnold it was in the normal viewport

Message 4 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

This could a hardware issue, then, maybe the save files cannot be loaded fast enough from disk, or the GPU can't handle the amount of data fast enough, there could also be other system related issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report