Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with geometry after smoothing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
375 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with geometry after smoothing

Hello guys, 

few days ago i realised there is some problem with smoothed models (when you hit '3'). When you click and for example drag vertex, whole model just "go crazy" (check screens). But when you press again '1' and '3', everything is okay. I checked my graphic drivers, but everything seems okay. Everything is updated, Windows dont see problem too. I found this problem just few week ago and I thought its problem with specific model but today I see it in new project. 

Do you know how to fix it or something about this? I just can't give this problem better name, sorry. 

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
  • bug
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

This is either a GPU/driver issue or a problem of the model, but there is no way to determine this from a screenshot.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

I have problem with more models in more projects. Not only in one project. I saw this last week so i updated drivers, check dxdiag. Everything fine. I've never seen this before. When this bug happend, you cant use symmetry. That model is little bit broken. But you can continue with work. 

My GPU is working, i see everything fine, i havent got one problem with anything (Games, another programs,...)

I can try to share some model, but this bug is not in one project, so im afraid its not about model. 😕

Message 4 of 5
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

"My GPU is working, i see everything fine, i havent got one problem with anything"

- I doubt any other of your programs or games uses OpenSubdiv.

"but this bug is not in one project, so im afraid its not about model"

- You can have problems with more than one model in more than one project.

The question is, does it work at all with some models? Please try it with some poly primitives.

About your FBX file.

Here the same problem does not show up, so it is related to your system (GPU/driver,...),

BUT

your model is not clean, some edges are connected to more than 2 faces,

so I recommend:

1. Clean up your model

2. You can also try an other Subdivison method like "Maya..." instead of "OpenSubdiv..." or other Render Engine Settings (like "DirectX11") for Viewport 2.0 .

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Yeah, I know. I was just too scared my GPU is dyin. 

Yesterday i tried to found out this problem, i was looking for correct naming. I finally found some and it seems you're right and its problem in settings with that subdivs. It was very helpful to change it. So far it looks okay. 

Thank you for your help! 

And I also check my geometry again, Im still beginner. O:) 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums