Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Alembic import

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3583 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with Alembic import

Hello, for some reason i cannot import my alembic export and i get this error! Help please! I searched everywhere and i cannot find a solution. I use maya 2018 and my OS is windows 10.Screenshot_1.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Did you export the Alembic from another program or from Maya?

Also, is your Maya 2018 up to date?

Finally, when you get a chance can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Yeah i did export it from maya, but to be honest i haven't updated the software....For some reason sometimes it works, some times it doesn't...it's very strange. I managed to load the scene without doing something different on my behalf....

Message 4 of 7
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Hmm that is pretty unusual.

If it happens again or anything else goes wrong please let me know!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hello again,

I just wanted to say that i managed to update maya to the latest version. The error is still there. I cannot find a way around this since it works randomly...

I tried to create another simulation using bullet and i got the same error. Sometime the import works perfectly but most of the times i get the error above. 

If you have any thoughts on it i will really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 7
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

A quick fix you could try is deleting your settings/preferences.

If that doesn't work, when you get a chance can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Message 7 of 7
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report