Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing Maya 2017 Update 2

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RooftopAnimation
557 Views, 2 Replies

Problem installing Maya 2017 Update 2

Hi all,

I have a problem installing Maya 2017 Update 2.  Please see the screenshot below.  I can only uninstall it even though it's not even installed.  Clicking Uninstall runs and says that it has been uninstalled.

explorer_2017-04-24_12-09-55.png

I require the Send to After Effects feature that is still in Update 2 as I can't get the Maya Live Link extension to work in After Effects.

I could get by with Update 1 still running, but would like to know if anyone else has run into the issue and found a solution?

Kind regards,

Ed

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @RooftopAnimation sorry to hear the Update 2 install hasn't been functioning for you. A clean uninstall/reinstall of Maya should solve this issue but before attempting that could you try skipping 2 and going to Update 3? Update 3 has the same features and may save you the time of doing a full reinstall. Let me know if this helps you out.

Message 3 of 3

Hi Sean Heasley,

Thanks for your response 🙂

I attempted an uninstall and install, but still no luck.  However, I got the Adobe extension to work and I also realised that with Update 3, I could still export a file for After Effects, i.e. a .json file.

So, I have update 3 installed now and my workflow is back on track.

Kind regards,

Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report