Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem assign textures in arnold

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mikhailkonstantin3d
1416 Views, 7 Replies

problem assign textures in arnold

hello there .. I am in a job about making a small game level .. so I need to assign textures and render it in Arnold .. I downloaded those textures those what i downloadedthose what i downloadedshould look like this (Real !)should look like this (Real !)this what i got because i don't know in arnold where i should assign displacement maps normal roughness and othersthis what i got because i don't know in arnold where i should assign displacement maps normal roughness and others

can you tell me how ? or can you give some tutorial ? I didn't found !  

Greatings

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @mikhailkonstantin3d

This video gives a good breakdown on PBR workflows with Arnold that should help you out!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @mikhailkonstantin3d

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 8

Hello sir .. sorry for my delay replay .. actually no it didn't .. I was asking for another thing .. it is about I have some textures .. color normal roughness displacement .. how can I assign them in Arnold .. and they made for Arnold not other render .. thanks 

Message 5 of 8

Hi @mikhailkonstantin3d

You would need to drag and drop the image files you have for roughness, displacement etc into the Hypershade.

From there, you would plug them in to the right spots on an Arnold shader like what was done in that video.

Message 6 of 8
damaggio
in reply to: sean.heasley

He's doing a game level asset, none of this will be exported.

Asset texturing should be made in the Game software.

Message 7 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: damaggio

Hi @damaggio

Ah ok.

@mikhailkonstantin3d if you are working with game assets then like @damaggio said the shaders/materials should be done in a game engine like Unity or UE4.

Message 8 of 8

yes .. I see .. thank .. no I'm not using it in a game engine I am just texturing it then I need to put a camera move it in the level and render a video for it .. then I will send it to the client then it's his work to assign the textures in his game engine .. so yes the video helped .. thank you a lot 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report