Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug-in, "Mayatomr", Was Not Found

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
acornbringer
520 Views, 2 Replies

Plug-in, "Mayatomr", Was Not Found

Hey there,

I'm in the middle of a project and had to reinstall Maya from scratch but I did not install the Mayatomr plugin since I will not use those features. However when I open a few of my project scenes, I'm shown an error window explaining that "Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please Check the Script Editor for details."

The Script Editor indeed shows that it's trying to find the plugin but it's not there:

# Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file <maya console> line 1: Plug-in, "Mayatomr", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. #

It also shows the now unrecognized node types I imagine are present in the scene:

// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayItemsList'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'mentalrayGlobals'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 0: Unrecognized node type for node 'miDefaultFramebuffer'; preserving node information during this session. //

My question is then, how can I stop Maya from looking for the Mayatomr plugin to keep this error from showing? Or how can I remove the Mayatomr specific elements in the scene to keep this error from showing? I'm sure that I'm not purposefully using the plugin in any of these scenes so removing it to avoid seeing this error each and every time I open the file would be ideal.

I'm using Maya 2015 SP2 on Windows 10

Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
daunish
in reply to: acornbringer

Hey, this error is no big deal and you could just ignore it. But it is annoying to always see when opening a scene. Personally, I have a script that deletes these nodes from old files. But you can do it by hand or use the optimize scene command just as easily.

To remove them:

Search for them in the outliner with "DAG objects Only" off.

Or

File - Optimize scene size (option box) - Remove Unknown Nodes (hit the button Optimize Now)

Should only have to do this once with any scene that used mental ray. but if you reopen the file on a comp with mental ray the nodes will get created again.

Hope this works for you.

Message 3 of 3
acornbringer
in reply to: daunish

Awesome!

I've never messed around with nodes in this way so I gave both those options a try out of curiosity. Both options fixed the errors just as you explained. I'm also glad to learn it's no big deal since I was worried about the integrity of my scene files.

Thanks and take care 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report