Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug-in Manager not closing after opening

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Krymarri21
312 Views, 6 Replies

Plug-in Manager not closing after opening

Hello, I’m a student in school and I have a problem with Maya 2020 and Maya 2022. The plug-in Managers in both seem to break on me. As in when I go into either one, depending on which Maya I use; I would check off what I needed to be loaded then close the plug-in manager. Only about a second or two later, it pops right back up and refuses to close anymore. I can only minimize or full screen it but I can not close it at all. It gets in the way and it isn't very pleasant for me as I do my assignments. I do mean in both versions of Maya, the plug-in Manager won't close at all.

I am lost to what to do next, should I do a fresh install of Maya or what?

I am using Maya 2020 either or 2022 and my OS is Windows 10.

Thank you for your time in reading this and answering back.

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
n8skow
in reply to: Krymarri21

Have you tried deleting your preferences file?

Message 3 of 7
Krymarri21
in reply to: n8skow

I did, and it still popped back up after closing it. I feel like uninstalling Maya, then reinstall a fresh copy. 

Message 4 of 7
n8skow

Weird. Are you using a supported video card and driver?

Message 5 of 7
Krymarri21

Yes, I have the latest version of AMD Pro Radeon Driver and an AMD RX 470 Radeon video card. I would upgrade the video card to the newest one but you know they're still very high priced even though they're usually 400usd so I can't upgrade it. 

I do agree that it is weird, funny thing though, it does it when I am on Windows and not on the MacBook Pro(2019). I have to render thus using my faster desktop for it as it's a high-end custom build desktop.

Message 6 of 7
n8skow

I do not see the RX 470 currently listed as a certified or tested card:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/default/files/HardwareCertification_Maya_Arnold_MotionBuilder_M...

I see the RX 480 listed -which would seem to me the 470 would also work... Sorry I'm no help on that - tried opening a support ticket?

Message 7 of 7
Krymarri21

Yea, it seems that may be my only option besides uninstalling and reinstall it... I'll figure it out somehow later; I have classwork to do on Maya now. Thanks for suggesting to open a support ticket thingy. I'll try that in a bit here.  Yay rendering... and batch rendering this week for me! 

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums