Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please help!!! Error: Line 0: Error reading file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1414 Views, 3 Replies

Please help!!! Error: Line 0: Error reading file

Hi!

I've been trying to finish my project that's due this week and I had to restart it once before because of this error. I don't know what to do and I've tried to import the file into a new scene with no success. I know there's stuff in this file, I can see it in the outliner, but it shows up wrong and with missing parts. Does anyone have any advice? I made back-ups and they all broke to somehow and I was so close to finishing (again). ๐Ÿ˜ž

I don't know if this is useful information but I have my files saved on a flash drive and I've just been working from the drive directly (I know I shouldn't but I haven't had any issues until now).

Here's the file on google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w9N-qrXJmAoSeKKRiflur-39wqOqMPGH

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

The file is corrupted.

I doubt it can be restored as the file is not complete (written to disk).

I was only able to recover "Cat1ShapeOrig1".

cat1recovered.gif

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you for taking the time to look at my file!! I really appreciate it. Do you know why this might happen? Both of the files from this project are corrupt and I want to avoid whatever happened moving forward. 

Message 4 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I can't say what caused this, but i recommend to not work any longer directly on the flash drive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report