Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Please help!!! Error: Line 0: Error reading file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1354 Views, 3 Replies

Please help!!! Error: Line 0: Error reading file

Hi!

I've been trying to finish my project that's due this week and I had to restart it once before because of this error. I don't know what to do and I've tried to import the file into a new scene with no success. I know there's stuff in this file, I can see it in the outliner, but it shows up wrong and with missing parts. Does anyone have any advice? I made back-ups and they all broke to somehow and I was so close to finishing (again). ๐Ÿ˜ž

I don't know if this is useful information but I have my files saved on a flash drive and I've just been working from the drive directly (I know I shouldn't but I haven't had any issues until now).

Here's the file on google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w9N-qrXJmAoSeKKRiflur-39wqOqMPGH

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

The file is corrupted.

I doubt it can be restored as the file is not complete (written to disk).

I was only able to recover "Cat1ShapeOrig1".

cat1recovered.gif

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you for taking the time to look at my file!! I really appreciate it. Do you know why this might happen? Both of the files from this project are corrupt and I want to avoid whatever happened moving forward. 

Message 4 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

I can't say what caused this, but i recommend to not work any longer directly on the flash drive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums