Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plane disappears

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
146 Views, 1 Reply

Plane disappears

Don't know why the Plane disappear when open New Scene? I try to adjust the Near Clip under Camera, it works but can somebody got any idea what could have made this happen (I mean Plane/Grid suddenly disappear?)

Not sure if the following would be the reasons: Recently I have tried to open files related the Maya sample file (tutorial disk)but I can't open it directly from the CD. I noticed that there might be some tricks that I have to same the file as an ASCI file and the open in Wordpad, then I could successfully open that. So I try to copy the Tutorial files in the CD to my Harddrive. When I open that from Wordpad, it works!. I am not sure if that could be the causes of my proble (ie. Plane/Grid disappear), or I might have done something which I am not aware of? Also, those axis arrows seems so long and I need to adjust that (I mean the arrows extend outside the Plane/Grid).

Oh I am using Student Version of Maya 2012

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
weshowe
in reply to: Anonymous

When you open files someone else made, many settings are adjusted according to what they were set to when the file was saved. You can stop some of this by going to the menu File -> Open Scene and turning off "Execute script Nodes". However, that may interfere with some scripts placed in your tutorials.

I am guessing that when you say "Plane" you mean the Grid. That can be turned on and off in your viewport menu (the menu right above the viewport, not the main menu up top) by checking or unchecking Show -> Grid.

You can also turn the Grid on and off in the Display menu, and set options there for the size and number of divisions.

<* Wes *>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report