Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance reduction with nCloth?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
394 Views, 1 Reply

Performance reduction with nCloth?

Hello,

I signed up new, because i have a problem with my Maya 2014 Program. I whant to create a Project with a dragon, but i have problems to realize that. I began to animate parts of the body(tail,arms,legs,...) which was no problem.

I realized the wings with Maya nCloth. I created the basic structure with joints, bound the skin to the joints and realized the skin between the joints as clothes. I created 5 parts of clothes per wing, the dragon has 2 wings.

Then i moved the wings and setted the key in the time slider to generate an animation. This was the problem. The motion was so slow!!! I perceived the animation speed as 1frame per second, but i set the value to 25fps.

Why does the maya nCloth function need so much performance?

I wondered, because my Workstation is brand new. Intel Xeon E31245v3 Haswell, 16GB RAM, Samsung SSD 840. Is there a Problem, if i use the Intel P4600 Graphics? Intel promized, that the new graphics work with maya.

In the Task Manager, the CPU load does not exceed the value of 23%.

Also the load of the gpu is very slow. Then why is the animation motion so slow?

I would appreciate an answer,

Greetings, Anton

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem, while i am using my laptop, a DELL precision 7742 notebook with a i7-11850H, nCloth run full speed. However, when i am using my work station with a Xeon 8375C to calculate the same scene, i have the exact same problem with you. There are about 2 to 4 corns work full speed, rest of them stay about 11 to 20 usage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report