Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path deform in Maya

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1026 Views, 3 Replies

Path deform in Maya

Hello,

I could use the help. I'm trying to make hair cards and I want to accomplish in Maya what the "path deform" does in 3ds Max. I want to bind a hair card to a curve and to be able to control the hair card by manipulating this curve. I want to be able to rotate the geometry as well, by somehow using the curve.

Currently, I'm using a "wire deformer" which isn't ideal at all because I can't rotate the geometry and every time I duplicate the geometry and the curve I need to apply the wire deformer again.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just found another issue with the "wire"... Every time that I close and re-open maya this tool no longer works. Is this normal?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I'm also wondering if there is an equivalent to Path Deform in Maya. Tried both Wire, and Curve Warp, but not working the way I want.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I also want to chime in on this - worked in Max in the past and the equivalent of a path deform modifier in Maya would fill a tremendous gap which has been there for years.
In Maya you can use Curve Wrap, Wire, Animate along Motion path.... they all work really bad and basic.

I work in a studio with more than 500+ people in it and never met anybody with a satisfying, simple and elegant solution such as the path deform: select geo, select a curve to wrap that geo on and procedurally modify the geo along the curve.

Autodesk do you have any ETA on implementing something Ad Hoc?
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums