Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCIO in Linux VM?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
BrianHanke
294 Views, 1 Reply

OCIO in Linux VM?

I've got a Red Hat 8.2 VM running on Azure with KDE and Maya 2022. I connect to it via Remote Desktop. Everything works great, but I can't figure out how to enable OCIO in Maya. I have a system environment variable pointing to the config. Maya sees it, but when I click the Enable Color Management checkbox I get the following errors:

Warning: file: /usr/autodesk/maya/scripts/startup/createPrefWndUI.mel line 5758: Color management preferences: no floating point render formats available

Error: file: /usr/autodesk/maya/scripts/startup/createPrefWndUI.mel line 5219: Failed to finalize the color transform.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you!

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
in reply to: BrianHanke

Hi Brian,

Most of the time, this Maya error indicates that there is no GPU access so, the Color Management cannot be enabled. To run on a Virtual Machine, the machine must have some GPU capabilities. But there is also a 'dedicated' driver to install in order to gain access to the GPU. I suggest you to contact the administrator of the virtual environment.

Patrick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report