Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ocean Shader Arnold purple plane

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
siebejanssen
2891 Views, 6 Replies

Ocean Shader Arnold purple plane

Hi,

Maya's ocean shader renders as a purple plane. What to do? Also getting this error: // Warning: [mtoa] [translator polymesh] ShadingGroup oceanShader1SG has no surfaceShader input.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 12.42.28.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: siebejanssen

Hi @siebejanssen

That color means a missing shader. Most likely there's some Maya shader nodes that are not supported by MtoA, so they are dropped when the scene is exported to Arnold.

Here's the list of supported Maya shaders: https://support.solidangle.com/x/8QtkAg

I don't see the Ocean shader on there so that is most likely why you are seeing this issue. Have you tried rendering with a different renderer like Maya Hardware/Software?

Message 3 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @siebejanssen

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 7
sdocaig
in reply to: sean.heasley

i change the original ocean shader to Arnold ai standard shader, then it works! thank you

Message 5 of 7
emmanuelkane
in reply to: siebejanssen

Message 6 of 7
emmanuelkane
in reply to: sdocaig

Please how because am also facing similar issue, can you help out

Message 7 of 7
emmanuelkane
in reply to: sdocaig

Please how because am also facing similar issue, can you help out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums