Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object rendering with a different shape - Maya

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
630 Views, 2 Replies

Object rendering with a different shape - Maya

I am new to Maya, but regardless, I cannot think of why on earth my object would be a different shape after I render it.  Very simple situation: I created an object from a polygon, changed the material to Ocean Shader, shined a light on it, and hit render.  As you can see from the pictures, the shape is different after I render the frame.  The second example is even more dramatic than the first!  Does anyone have any insight to why this might be?  Also, I'm not terribly tech-savvy and I don't know a lot of the Maya lingo... fyi...  Sorry.

I am using Maya 2017.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joostkonemann
in reply to: Anonymous

An ocean shader has a displacement shader built-in. Check the shading group node.

If you want the surface shader, but not the displacement shader, just disconnect the connection to the displacement shader slot.

--
MacBook Pro 13,3 - 2.7GHz - 16GB - Radeon Pro 460 - macOS Catalina 10.15
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: joostkonemann

Amazing!  It worked!  You are a genius.  I don't know much about Maya so far or even modeling for that matter.  I'm not sure why that worked, but it sure did!  Thanks, smart person!

Mattison

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report