Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No stylus pressure with Wacom intuos Pro Maya 2020

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
nicofiliali
3600 Views, 17 Replies

No stylus pressure with Wacom intuos Pro Maya 2020

Hi Everyone.
I have update maya to 2020 but  I can't use the Intuos pro pressure (I have "Use stylus pressure" activated obviolusly!) for  all  pen input (paint weights, or sculpting... the  senistivity  isn't readed from maya!
If I use  the 2019 version..  the pen work fine!
The wacom driver was up to date
Any Idea? 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
uiron2
in reply to: nicofiliali

Confirmed, I can reproduce that consistently between 2020 and 2019:

* restart maya;

* create plane+two joints

* bind skin

* paint skin weights

* set stylus pressure mapping to "opacity"

* paint weights with base opacity set 1.0

* 2020 ignores the setting and paints 1.0; 2019 maya correctly updates opacity based on pressure

Wacom driver updated to currently available newest one; Intuos Pro M (PTH-651)

Message 3 of 18
Dandanth

I'm having the same issue Maya 2020 is not working with pen pressure. I'm trying to use the paint effect on a plane but pressure wont work... Maya 2018 works fine.2018201820202020

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Dandanth

Disabling "Use Windows Ink" in the Mapping section of the Wacom Tablet Properties fixed it for me. I have an Intuos Pro PTX-680.

Message 5 of 18

Hi @nicofiliali 

Thanks for posting! Do you have the current Wacom Drivers installed? Also, have you had a chance to try out the suggestion from @Anonymous?

I am going to do some further investigating on my side, and if reproducible I will file this with our development team. Most likely, the issue will need to be brought to Wacom's attention as well to ensure compatibility.

Thanks again for being a part of our community!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 6 of 18
jordan.giboney
in reply to: uiron2

Hi @nicofiliali 

I hope you are doing well! I wanted to check in and see how things were going. Did you have a chance to test the workaround listed above?

If you have found a solution or workaround, please consider clicking the "Accept Solution" button so that other forum members can find the answer faster. 

thanks again for being a part of our forum!

Jordan Giboney

Message 7 of 18
cvasque2
in reply to: jordan.giboney

I'm also running into this issue, no pressure sensitivity on the wacom table with Maya 2020. I turned off use with windows ink and updated to latest drivers on my cintiq 16. 

Message 8 of 18
jordan.giboney
in reply to: cvasque2

Hi @cvasque2 

Thanks for posting! Do you also have the latest update installed for Maya 2020? Update 2020.1 is what we currently have available, and it should be available for download in your Autodesk Account (manage.autodesk.com). Updates are separate installations and are not included in the base download of Maya.

thanks again for being a part of our community! 

Jordan Giboney

Message 9 of 18
cvasque2
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Yes ive also updated to 2020.1, still did not fix  the pressure sensitivity for paint effects.

Message 10 of 18
stephenkmann
in reply to: cvasque2

I've found my pressure sensitivity works in maya 2019 and below. 

on this same computer it works fine in Zbrush, photoshop, even the windows snipping tool

but not in 2020

( windows 10 / intuos 3 ) 

Message 11 of 18
felipebuenno
in reply to: stephenkmann

The same here, Maya 2018 works very well no problem with Wacom Tablet Drivers, Photoshop, Zbrush, etc works very well, but in Maya 2020.2 (My last update) doesnt work sensivity, and use Paint Weight gets complicated... How to fix this problem? Any idea, need help...

Message 12 of 18
stephenkmann
in reply to: felipebuenno

Just an FYI, 

the fix for me was turning off  "use windows ink" in the wacom table settings 

Message 13 of 18
andrewsilke
in reply to: stephenkmann

Update for those still finding this, I just had this with 2020.3.

I turned off Windows Ink and restarted Mayaa a couple of times, and didn't fix the issue.  

Restarted the whole machine, and only now does it seem to be fixed. 

Message 14 of 18
rigalot
in reply to: uiron2

I have had the same problem since forever. I really want to have pen pressure working. I have all my drivers updated and as you can see, Windows Ink is Off, And it works in Photoshop. Its especially frustrating for painting weights. Some help will definitely be appreciated.GIF.gif

Message 15 of 18
SEVEZ

The issue is not fixed in Maya 2020.4. Tested on Wacom Intuos 3 (and also Huion Kamvas 22 Plus).  Everything works perfectly in 2019.3, but nothing helps to make it work in the latest version. Very annoying and upsetting bug.

Message 16 of 18

I have tried to update to 2020.4 and Ive unchecked the  Windows Ink  and still doenst work. 
I really hope this gets fixed... 

Message 17 of 18
AntonioTierno

If it's still not fixed, why are you marking it as Solved?

If you disable Windows Ink in Wacom settings you will lose pressure sensitivity!

Message 18 of 18
nicofiliali

The procedure ("windows Ink Off") worked on maya 2020...
After Wacom driver Update, on windows 11 , pen pressure Dosen' Work if Windows ink is turned off on maya 2024.2
(when win ink is on pressure sensivity work fine but Right click with pern button not work!)

crazy maya Doh!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums