Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modelling weird when animating

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
a.gossett
154 Views, 2 Replies

Modelling weird when animating

Hi, I am new to Maya, but have encountered lots of weird stuff, I made a model following a video, but when I moved it to animate it, another image of a part was left behind, the whole models material changed to the red which was only on the wings. Then parts of it disappeared, then I grouped it and moved it and with a different place and three of the wings changed green! And the colours switched around. Why?

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 17.59.18.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-12 at 18.00.39.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-12 at 18.02.47.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-12 at 18.13.10.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
amaterasu-qbb
in reply to: a.gossett

Hi. @a.gossett 

Did you check your Hypershade? maybe there is unused material.

and about animation. if you can share the file please share it. and don't forget to write about your Maya version and what is your PC made of. to see is it about technical problem. thank you.

Message 3 of 3
a.gossett
in reply to: amaterasu-qbb

thanks for replying, but I currently have bigger problems, Maya has ceased to work for me and I've tried to do a clean install twice now. But I will look at that idea of materials if I manage to get it to work again for me. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report