Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling toolkit not working and generating constant errors (Maya 2017 Update 3)

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
adamkuczek
2689 Views, 16 Replies

Modeling toolkit not working and generating constant errors (Maya 2017 Update 3)

After installing Update 3 for Maya 2017 (OSX 10.9.5), Modeling Toolkit is constantly greyed out and almost every click or action in the viewport generates errors related to modeling (thus Toolkit) like:

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "dR_updateCommandPanel". //

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "dR_updateToolSettings". //

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "dR_selTypeChanged". //

etc.

If I hover over "Mesh Tools" tab, the Toolkit icon occasionally activates but clicking on it generates another error:

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2017/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/MTprocs.mel line 527: Cannot find procedure "dR_ToggleCommandPanel". //

"Mesh Tools" menu only shows option 'Hide Modeling Toolkit' (regardless how many times I click it) and clicking on it only generates the error above.

Modeling Toolkit is selected as both, 'loaded' and 'autoload' in plug-in menu. I tried to turn it off it completely but it's impossible. After unchecking 'autoload' (Maya refused to uncheck 'loaded') and restarting Maya, it has 'autoload' checked again. But, obviously still doesn't work.

It worked perfectly fine with Update 2, so obviously something got messed up.

Any help would be appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
mspeer
in reply to: adamkuczek

Hi!

Try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2017 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2017 to 2017_backup. Maya creates new folders. Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 3 of 17
adamkuczek
in reply to: mspeer

I did that but it didn't resolve the issue. The Toolkit is still missing and errors continue.

Message 4 of 17
Tyzoone

I second this... Same issue on my early 2008 Mac pro. Deleting the prefs didn't help at all. Please resolve this because Maya 2017 is completely unusable! 

Message 5 of 17
cornelh
in reply to: Tyzoone

@Tyzoone@adamkuczek

Hey all, thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will try some tests on my end, yet I do not have a mac from 2008, I have the 2013, and this could a GPU related issue?  I will see if I can trouble shoot, and let the Maya QA team know about this post so they can test (as they might have a 2008 ver. to test on as well).  I will let you know if this ends up being logged as a bug, of if there is a workaround or fix for it.  

Message 6 of 17
cornelh
in reply to: Tyzoone

@Tyzoone@adamkuczek@mspeer

I can't reproduce on Mac Pro 2013.. all working correctly as far as the Modeling Tool kit.  Did you try to re-install? 

Message 7 of 17
adamkuczek
in reply to: cornelh

Finally, after removing all .mel and .xml files from prefs folder (leaving just folders with icons, scripts, shelves, etc.) and doing re-installation of Update 3, the problem has been solved. @Tyzoone maybe try doing that.

Of course, Maya still has its usual things, like freezing half the time at startup, but at least I don't get error upon error. Till next time, obviously.

Message 8 of 17
Tyzoone

will give it a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Message 9 of 17
jhcantizani

how i can reinstall update 3?

Message 10 of 17
FruitDenizen

So there isn't an official Maya solution? I've already tried reinstalling the update and it doesnt resolve anything.

Message 11 of 17
FruitDenizen

Whats the solution besides deleting my mel and xml files? That's not really a viable solution.

Message 12 of 17
mala_kaczka

Hi,

for me it doesn't work. I have tried to delete everything in Prefs folder, creating prefs_old ... my toolkit is empty (screen included), it doesn't launch at all. 

I have message error: // Error: file:

D:/Program Files/Autodesk/Autodesk Maya 2017/Maya2017/scripts/others/MTprocs.mel line 527: Cannot find procedure "dR_ToggleCommandPanel".

Any idea?

a.JPG

Message 13 of 17
daniel.klug
in reply to: mala_kaczka

I found the culprit:

Look for the drInit.mel file in your maya/2017/scripts folder. If you delete it and start maya, you won't get the errors anymore.

Message 14 of 17
Tyzoone
in reply to: daniel.klug

Awesome work! I actually had my problem solved with the latest update

Message 15 of 17
conkerz
in reply to: mala_kaczka

This was the solution form me, I was fixing something with drInit.mel in my maya/2017/scripts folder, but it was a remnant from an older update...

Message 16 of 17
Mentallic3D
in reply to: daniel.klug

I tried this and I still have the errors and the Modeling ToolKit does not appear.

I am currently uninstalling all of Maya and will attempt a reinstall.

This is a HUGE work stoppage issue!

Please advise on other potential solutions.

Message 17 of 17
FruitDenizen
in reply to: Mentallic3D

I reverted my drInit.mel to a version before Update 3 and that resolved the issue for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report