Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling/game

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jeronimocollares3d
609 Views, 7 Replies

Modeling/game

Good afternoon

I made a model of the building, separated it into two parts. As the objective is to study objects for games, my first concern is regarding the number of polygons. Let's say my goal is something with the smallest number of polygons possible, respecting the topology of the linked object.

Could you give me ideas? (I know it is possible to reduce the number of polygons, I would just like to be certain). 

Na parte de traz, o que poderia suprimir (edges)? 

jeronimocollares3d_0-1711214340220.png

jeronimocollares3d_1-1711214364760.png

I do it, its right? 

jeronimocollares3d_0-1711214872797.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Please, moderator, change to modeling category?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8

LP.jpgJust avoid having the edge loops going around the entire building by merging them.

Also it would be better to learn how to model the building the best way possible so you can become a good modeler.

Sim a parte de traz tambem pode ser simplificada mas lembra se que o jogador podera ver o lado de traz.

Message 4 of 8

I've been trying to find something like 'rules' about this, but I haven't found anything, just videos in English, most of them. The ideal is to understand the process so that it can be applied to each and every model. If you could recommend videos to me, I would appreciate it.

(i speak portuguese)

Message 5 of 8

There are hundreds out there on Youtube and Google or you can buy an online course that might cover the entire process. Also you can study wireframes on Turbosquid , Artstation and download Game models to study.

Message 6 of 8

From what I understand, I should use 'target weld'. From what I was seeing of this model (posting the idea, it is original to me) I will have to rethink it.

Thanks (image/art original  by me)

suburban_1-story_building,_cyber (5).png

Message 7 of 8

Yes, target weld and Multicut are often used.

Message 8 of 8

i will tell you about something new which increase your modeling experience in almost every field. I also using this almost 1.1 years ago.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report