Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Arnold shelf in Maya 2018

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ekuehn
3696 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Arnold shelf in Maya 2018

I dumped my preferences in Maya 2018 update 2 (as one often does) and I lost my Arnold shelf. I tried loading it again, but it doesn't seem to be there. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

If relevant I'm using a Mac Pro Late 2013 (trashcan) running OSX 10.12.6 and Maya 2018 update 2

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mspeer
in reply to: ekuehn

Hi!

1. Try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2018 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2018 to 2018_backup (or even the maya folder to maya_backup). Maya creates new folders (don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions). Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

2. Install an update for Arnold (maybe uninstall the older version first).

Message 3 of 6
ekuehn
in reply to: mspeer

Thanks for you help. I reset the preferences again but sadly it didn't seem to bring back the shelf. Could you please direct me to an Arnold download? The only one I was able to locate was not available for edu users.

Thank you!

Emily

Message 4 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: ekuehn

Hi @ekuehn

You should be able to download Arnold here!

You'll also want to make sure the old version of Arnold is uninstalled before installing the new version!

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @ekuehn

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 6 of 6
s1410822029
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi,I'm wondering after i download this exe filed,

how do i let the arnold shelf exist in my maya?

btw my maya version is 2020.

thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report