Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middle Mouse Button workaround for Magic Mouse users?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
smoobg
249 Views, 3 Replies

Middle Mouse Button workaround for Magic Mouse users?

Hi All,

It's 2024, and I haven't seen any viable middle mouse button workarounds for Mac users with Magic Mouses.  Magic Prefs is no longer supported, and Better Touch Tool doesn't work within Maya.  I use a hotkey for camera tracking, but I'm having a hard time doing much of anything in the hypershade without middle mouse button function.  Anybody got anything new that works?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
brentmc
in reply to: smoobg

Hi,

Look at Windows > Settings/Preferences > Preferences > Interface.

There are options there for one and two button mice on MacOS.
https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-FE5518DA-2177-44C9-8BC9-F0676EFEEDF9

Personally, I would just invest in a good Logitech 3 button mouse if you want to get real work done in Maya. The MX Master series is my favorite. (but no good if you are left handed)

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 4
smoobg
in reply to: brentmc

I took your advice and got the Logitech MX Master 3S mouse.  Much easier than trying to make the Magic Mouse do something that it wasn't designed to do.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
brentmc
in reply to: smoobg

Bonus tip for the MX Master.

You can use the Logi Options+ software to make the little button above the wheel to act as middle mouse button which I find much easier than clicking the wheel!

screenshot_000290.png

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums