Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya2018 (Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "CgAbBlastPanelOptChangeCallback)

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
afos2011
57115 Views, 22 Replies

Maya2018 (Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "CgAbBlastPanelOptChangeCallback)

Hello. I switched to Maya 2018 and started getting this error - (Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "CgAbBlastPanelOptChangeCallback".) Every time I am switching  viewport, starting new scene and some other staff. 

Does anybody knows what is that and how to fix this annoying thing ? 

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
sean.heasley
in reply to: afos2011

Hi @afos2011 

This is usually a problem in the scene, so opening the scene with "Execute script nodes" enabled gets this message.

It is usually from a missing 3rd party plug-in or something that was added to the scene by an older version of Maya.

Do you have any 3rd party plug-ins or is the scene you're working with from an older version of Maya?

Message 3 of 23
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @afos2011 

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 23
afos2011

Hello.

Sorry for late reply. 

I tried to check, but couldn't find anything. Since it's problem in company where I work, probably there is something I am missing in that chunk of things being imported by Maya env. I will keep looking into it.

Thanks for your reply, at least I know where to look.

Message 5 of 23
sean.heasley

Hi @afos2011 

No problem! I'll keep an eye on this thread and check in with you at the end of the week unless you get back to me before then!

Message 6 of 23
sean.heasley

Hi @afos2011 

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 7 of 23

Try to Update your maya,  for exmple ,maya2017 update to 2017 update4 。

I usesing mya2017. I have this situation somehow ,and arnold‘s skydome didn‘t display very well in viewport2.0 。so I keep reinstall maya .  and I use to update my maya 2017 to 2017update4 ,Becuase I need some function from it.   I find out this problem solved。

My situation is,I importing and exporting my model lot of time,I try to do some playblast on viewport 2.0 with a huge number of mesh faces ,with lighting display,but it didnt work well and my maya crash down several times. Finaly It shows this message.

Hope can help you

Message 8 of 23
BigRoy

So I've been seeing this error pop up still in Maya 2019.2 and was taking a look at where this might originate from.

It seems that the "missing" callback is saved with the scene in the uiConfigurationScriptNode, here's an extract of it: https://pastebin.com/ivt0VSvC

I haven't found out what plug-in or tool causes this issue, but I have seen it happen quite often on random machines. So I was wondering if by now Autodesk already has some updates about how to avoid it? 🙂

Since it seems to be attached as callback to "editorChanged" it happens quite frequently, ugh.

I wrote this little Python script snippet to fix it for the current scene: https://gist.github.com/BigRoy/0c094648e6af1a22d6fe99cdc9837072

However, I'd still love to know where the callback originates from.

Message 9 of 23
ukdesigner
in reply to: BigRoy

Seen countless forums for this Maya problem, but never any resolutions? 😞

Currently I'm trying to work with the Free Ray Rig which has a shelf of buttons. Everything was working fine until I restarted the PC. The next day I see the following errors, and the script buttons no longer work.

// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "CgAbBlastPanelOptChangeCallback".

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2019/scripts/startup/initOutliner.mel line 46: Object 'outlinerPanel3' not found. //
// Result: untitled //
file -f -options "v=0;p=17;f=0" -ignoreVersion -typ "mayaAscii" -o "C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma";addRecentFile("C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma", "mayaAscii");
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 696723: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayItemsList'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 696726: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayGlobals'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 696728: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 696886: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayFramebuffer'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162242: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162250: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162258: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162271: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162287: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162297: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162312: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162329: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162342: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162355: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162366: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162376: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162387: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162401: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162417: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162441: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162464: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: C:/Users/Mamez/Documents/maya/projects/SandboxVR_Testing/scenes/Scenario action animation/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02/CGTarian-Ray-2018-10-02.ma line 1162474: Unrecognized node type 'mentalrayOptions'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: line 123: The renderer ('base_OpenGL_Renderer') is not currently available. Viewport 2.0 will be used instead. //
// Warning: line 230: The renderer ('base_OpenGL_Renderer') is not currently available. Viewport 2.0 will be used instead. //
// Warning: line 338: The renderer ('base_OpenGL_Renderer') is not currently available. Viewport 2.0 will be used instead. //
// Warning: line 1604: The default image may not be modified. Use the -i/image flag instead. //
// Warning: line 0: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.

Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// File read in 15.6 seconds. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2019/scripts/startup/initOutliner.mel line 46: Object 'outlinerPanel3' not found. //
// Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "CgAbBlastPanelOptChangeCallback". //

Message 10 of 23
mlennon8

This error message keeps showing up when I try to weight paint my scene. No idea what it is or why it is stopping me from weight painting my character. You're saying it is an issue with the version of Maya I'm using? How to I fix that? Could I possibly send you my file because I really need this fixed and you seem to have an understanding of the issue. 

Message 11 of 23
BigRoy
in reply to: mlennon8

The simplest hack to have Maya believe the function exists and to have it do nothing at all is to declare the MEL procedure:

global proc CgAbBlastPanelOptChangeCallback(string $pass){}

Just run that in MEL and the error should disappear in the current Maya session. However, the callback is still saved with the scene, so reopening it later and not having that procedure defined in a new Maya session will cause the errors again.

To remove the actual callback one can do try this Python snippet I posted here: https://gist.github.com/BigRoy/0c094648e6af1a22d6fe99cdc9837072

Even if then after saving and reloading it is not fixed it's likely due to it still somehow being present in the uiConfigurationScriptNode that Maya creates during save and used during loading of the scene file (if you have that enabled, which it is by default - it is whatever restores the Maya UI to what it was like when you were saving the file).

Anyway, if you really want to debug further you can look into the content of the particular script node. It can for example be found in:

• Window > Animation Editors > Expression Editor
  • Select Filter > By Script Node Name (top left of the window)
  • uiConfigurationScriptNode (this will only exist if the scene has been saved with the UI setting enabled)

If that script node sets the modelEditor callback the issue will then again persist on scene reopen. I guess you could try deleting the uiConfigurationScriptNode and then just save the scene again... e.g. delete it with this in MEL:

delete "uiConfigurationScriptNode";

Then still make sure to clear it using the Python snippet in the Github gist link above.

@mlennon8does that help your case?

Message 12 of 23
mlennon8

Hi Roy, 

I am not sure if I did this correctly but I opened the script editor, copy and pasted each script you had and executed them in MEL and Python (I may have done this wrong I am new to Maya). At first it worked with the first MEL script you offered but then when I closed out maya and re-opened my scene it came back. The reason I am trying to fix this is because I think that this error is making it so I cannot weight paint on my model. I am using maya 2019 student version. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.07.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 12.07.32 PM.png

Message 13 of 23
BigRoy
in reply to: mlennon8

Ah, so yes. This is a tricky one if you're not a programmer.

The MEL script will indeed only work for the current Maya session (as long as maya remains open). Reopening the scene within that Maya however would still avoid the error since the registered procedure is still in maya's memory. At least that would allow you to test whether it "fixes" your weight paint issue.

The Python script however unfortunately seemed to error on your end due to "unexpected indent" which Python is a bit a picky about. The indentation needs to be consistent and you may not mix TABs and spaces. Usually a multiple of four spaces is used for the indentation. Anway, the easiest way to get it right is to:

This should have preserved the indentation with spaces as intended in the code. Does that work for you?

Message 14 of 23
mlennon8

Thank you! that worked I have not gotten the error. I am going to re-do my rig because it still will not let me weight paint. I am using advanced skeleton not sure you you know anything on getting a large red X that will not allow you to weight paint. Been a real pain trying to fix a few things. 

Message 15 of 23

Hey!! after copying and pasting the text into Maya's Script Editor into the Python TAB i have to press enter?

Message 16 of 23

Yes, after having the code ready in the script editor you will need to Execute/Run the code. This can be done by either of the following:

• The play button at the top of the script editor
  • CTRL + ENTER in the Script Editor
  • Or ENTER on the Numerical Keyboard

After executing by default Maya will remove the code from the script editor unless the code is selected text. So I tend to usually do:

1. CTRL + A   (Select All)
  2. numpad ENTER  (Execute)

---

After executing the executed code is usually shown in the Output at the top of the script editor along with any printed output messages from the code. In the case of this code snippet nothing is being printed from the code so you will most likely only see the executed code pop up in the Output in the Script Editor. This might help you to identify whether the code was actually executed.

Hope this helps!

Message 17 of 23

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I tried but it didn't work, is that any other way to fix it? 

I need help, the deadline for my last college project is very close and this error is making me waste a lot of time. So if anyone here can help me find the solution, here's my discord Tiago_#9757

Message 18 of 23

Had a quick look at Tiago's scene and we fixed it by running both this Python snippet and then run this in MEL to ensure it persists after scene save and reopen (MEL!):

delete "uiConfigurationScriptNode";

It seemed however that he also had another error in the scene that persisted even after the scene open. However, a fix for that was also available on the web. Be aware that the code snippet provided there only defines the function and does not import the maya libraries or actually executes the function. To use it completely you should run it like this:

from maya import cmds
from maya import mel

def removeRogueModelPanelChangeEvents():
    EVIL_METHOD_NAMES = ['DCF_updateViewportList', 'CgAbBlastPanelOptChangeCallback']
    capitalEvilMethodNames = [name.upper() for name in EVIL_METHOD_NAMES]
    modelPanelLabel = mel.eval('localizedPanelLabel("ModelPanel")')
    processedPanelNames = []
    panelName = cmds.sceneUIReplacement(getNextPanel=('modelPanel', modelPanelLabel))
    while panelName and panelName not in processedPanelNames:
        editorChangedValue = cmds.modelEditor(panelName, query=True, editorChanged=True)
        parts = editorChangedValue.split(';')
        newParts = []
        changed = False
        for part in parts:
            for evilMethodName in capitalEvilMethodNames:
                if evilMethodName in part.upper():
                    changed = True
                    break
            else:
                newParts.append(part)
        if changed:
            cmds.modelEditor(panelName, edit=True, editorChanged=';'.join(newParts))
        processedPanelNames.append(panelName)
        panelName = cmds.sceneUIReplacement(getNextPanel=('modelPanel', modelPanelLabel))

removeRogueModelPanelChangeEvents()

This seemed to fix Tiago's case, so he can continue.

Message 19 of 23
stephenkmann

I just updated to maya 2019.3.1 and now I'm getting this message constantly

new sessions of maya, no files at all. if I do anything in the view I get the error. 

like wireframe on shaded, or xray will tick this error off. 

i tried both of your solutions, and it's still doing it,. 

Any other ideas what this might be? 

-=s

Message 20 of 23
ashkan.rahimi.ca

thank you I had the same issue and it solved for me as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report